Peer Educators Truly Help!
"I loved my peer educators. They were so funny and made me want to go to class."
"My peer educators were very helpful and it made me want to become a peer educator next year."
"I enjoyed being able to talk with my peer educator during the one-on-one meetings because it motivated me to do better."
“My peer educators were really friendly and open; I felt able to ask them any questions. They ran the workshop very well, engaging us to participate with icebreakers and discussions. They gave clear instruction and nice presentations.”Feedback from 2018 students
Become a CHASS F1RST Peer Educator
- Develop leadership and facilitation skills
- Fine-tune communication and time-management skills
- Empower new students to reach their full potential
- Reinforce your own learning by instructing others
- Gain professional development
- Reach out to and maintain contact with students via email, phone, and campus activities
- Meet with students one-on-one and in small groups to assess student needs
- Assist students with academic, social, and personal concerns and refer them to resources
- Develop lesson plans with faculty and staff
- Co-facilitate weekly small group discussions
- Be prompt and well prepared for each small group session
- Attend a mandatory two-day orientation
- Maintain a quarterly 2.5 cumulative GPA and stay in good academic standing
- Remain sensitive to the needs of students from a variety of racial, ethnic, national, political, religious, socioeconomic, academic, and physical and sexual orientation backgrounds
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students
- Work collaboratively with students, staff, and faculty partners
- Have good organizational and time management skills
- Have the ability to respond to students in a helping manner
- Achieve a 3.0 GPA or higher in CHFY 020: Theory and Practice of Peer Instruction
- You may access the application form via Google Form using your R’Mail account: Peer Educator Google Form Application
- The 2023-2024 Peer Educator Application will become available December 1, 2022 and applications will be due by January 13th, 2023 at 5pm. If you have any questions regarding the position, you may contact Dr. Shellee Stewart, Interim Assistant Director of CHASS F1RST (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please see the Job Description and Additional Details Here: Peer Educator Application Info Sheet AY 2023-2024