Transfer Mentorship Program
Transfers F1RST- Transfer Mentorship Program
The Transfer Mentorship Program is a quarter-long commitment to your success (offered in fall and winter quarters for transfer students who are CHASS majors).
- You are paired with a tenured CHASS transfer mentor who knows what it is like to transition to UCR.
- You will meet with your transfer mentor throughout the quarter and work with your mentor to complete a bucket list:
- Attend a professor’s office hours
- Visit your academic advisor
- Attend a Transfers F1RST workshop
- Engage in an additional campus event or workshop
- Meet with your transfer mentor virtually bi-weekly (via Zoom, Google Meets, FaceTime, or what works for you)
- Complete a survey for reflection and feedback
Once all Bucketlist items are completed at the end of the quarter, participants will receive a "Certificate of Completion" for the program.
For more information on the Transfer Mentorship Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mentee/Femtee Application Process
To apply for the Winter 2023 Transfer Mentorship Program as a new transfer student or Mentee/Femtee, please fill out the application below.
Click Here to Complete Step 1 of the Application
**The last day to submit both applications to be considered for the program is Wednesday, January 4th at 5pm.
To be considered for the Winter 2023 Transfer Mentorship Program you must be:
- An admitted transfer student into the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Beginning your first quarter with UCR in Winter 2023
- Attend the Transfer Mentorship Orientation on Friday, January 6th 12pm-1pm via Zoom
The Transfer Mentorship Program Application is a two-part process. Fill out the application "Part 1" above and then we will email your application "Part 2." Completion of both parts of the application and attending the Mandatory Virtual Mentorship Orientation on Friday, January 6th 12pm-1pm via Zoom will secure your spot in the program.